Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Regency of Rajendra Laxmi


Queen Rajendra Lakshmi is telling her life history by herself .
My name is Rajendra Lakshmi . my father was Mukunda Sen ll, the king of Palpa. I was married to His Majestry Pratap Singh Shah. My son Rana Bahadur Shah was only two years and five months old when he ascended the throne. So, I had to rule the nation as a regent of Rana Bahadur Shah. At that time my brother-in-law, Bahadur Shah was living his exiled life in Betiah. I called him back and we jointly rule the nation.
I was against any discrimination on women in Nepal. I had to go around in the states of Kathmandu with a naked sword in one hand riding on a horse. The Chaubise states like Palpa, Lamjung, Tanahu and Kaski had made an allied force to attack my Kingdom thinking that I was merely a woman. I wanted to continue the unification campaign launched by my father-in-law. So, I made a plan to defeat those states by using both diplomacy and warfare. So, I sent Gorkhali troops to attack the allied force of chaubise states under the command kazi Balabhadra shah, Kazi Devidatta Thapa, Kazi Damodar Pandey and Kazi Amar Singh Thapa. Balabhadra Shah with his diplomacy took Kaski in our favour. After that, Gorkhali troops defeated the allied force of chaubise states very badly in the battle of Sirhanchok. Taking advantage of this apportunity, Gorkhali troops defeated Raginas of Lamjung, king Kirti Bam Malla of Parbat seized Kaski as kaski had betrayed him in the war against Gorkha. King Siddhi Narayan Shah of Kaski filed to Gorkha. Kazi Amar Singh Thapa chased the troops of Parbat stationed in kaski and made Siddhi Narayan Shah the king of Kaski again. Then, Gorkhali seized Tanahu. King Harkaman Dutta Sen of lamjung fled to Lamjung. Gorkhali troops took over Lamjung too. The Kings of Tanahu and Lamjung fled to Parbat. Parbat encouraged Kaski to attack Gorkhali troops. In this battle kaski was defeated and it was annexed to Nepal for ever. After this, King Bhup Narayan Shah of Satahun, King bhakti khan of Kingdom of Nepal. In this way, I was able to conquer several states of chaubise Rajyas during my eight years regency.

1 comment: